Mar. 03, 2021If you’re looking for a furnace installer in New Jersey, keep in mind that not all HVAC contractors are built equal.
You might be tempted to go with the cheapest offer, but if your furnace isn’t installed correctly and you have to pay for the installation to be fixed, all potential “savings” go right out the window.
To find the best furnace installer possible, make sure they tick the following checklist items:
- Positive reviews from recent customers
- Professional licensing & insurance
- Provide a written estimate
- Extensive offering of furnace models
Want a furnace install from a company you can trust? Hire New Jersey’s best: Air Experts. With more than 25 years of experience and hundreds of 5-star reviews, you can trust us to deliver quality work done right — the first time.
See furnace installation details >>
#1: Positive reviews from recent customersWhen vetting a furnace installer, take the time to read through recent reviews on sites like:
#2: Professional licensing & insuranceNever hire someone without seeing proof of their licensing and insurance. Most contractors will put their licensing and insurance right on their website. In New Jersey, it’s usually a 12-digit number that will look something like this:
You can also check the Better Business Bureau. In order to receive accreditation, a contractor must have up-to-date licensing and insurance.
There are four big reasons why it's important to hire a licensed installer.
- Safety - Installing a furnace is not something to take lightly. When dealing with something as integral to the home as a furnace, safety is paramount. If a contractor has gone through licensed training, they will value your home’s safety.
- Code compliance - A licensed contractor will ensure that your furnace installation follows local or state building codes. This is important for safety reasons, but also resale value in the event you decide to sell your home.
- Liability costs - An insured contractor means you won’t be held liable for any incidents. An insured contractor is a trustworthy one.
- Warranty - If your furnace isn’t installed by a licensed professional, you risk voiding your manufacturer’s warranty. A valid warranty can help you significantly save on repairs down the line so make sure to find a licensed professional.
#3: Provides a written estimateA trustworthy furnace installer should always provide you with an upfront quote of work to be completed. Quality contractors will want to provide you with a written estimate so you’re never surprised by your final bill. Contractors that are known to honor their upfront quotes no matter how long the job takes are the contractors you want to hire.
#4: Extensive offering of furnace models
To make sure you get the best furnace for your home, check that your installer offers a variety of furnace models.
This is important for two main reasons:
- Price - By offering an array of models, a quality furnace installer can give customers the power to choose what’s best for their budget.
- Energy efficiency - A quality furnace installer will offer models that are more energy efficient. The more efficient a furnace is, the lower your monthly utility bills and the more money you save in the long run.
- American Standard
To see the complete list of brands we offer, visit our furnace installation page.
Looking for a trustworthy New Jersey furnace installer? Contact Air Experts.
Our licensed professionals offer honest, upfront quotes on all furnace installations. We focus on helping New Jersey homeowners find the best possible furnace model for their needs and budget. With our flexible financing options and same-day service, it’s no wonder why we have such great reviews!
Contact us today
See our furnace installation page >>