Jul. 12, 2019
If you’re thinking about installing a new AC system, finding the best AC installer in New Jersey should be at the top of your priority list.
Finding a quality AC installer will save you time and money in the long run.
For example, if your AC is improperly sized or installed, you’ll eventually deal with:
- Uneven cooling/discomfort in your home
- Expensive repairs
- Complete system replacement
You should ask yourself a few questions to find a quality AC installer in New Jersey, like:
- Do they have good reviews?
- Are they licensed and insured?
- Will they provide a written cost estimate?
- What brands/ types of AC systems do they install?
Below, we’ll discuss why these questions are important and how you can find the best AC installer in New Jersey.
Want to work with a local company that has 25 years of experience serving NJ homeowners? We’re your team! Check out the details of the AC installation services we offer or…
Before hiring a company or contractor to install your AC system, you should check out what other local homeowners have to say about their services.
Question #1: Do they have good reviews?
You can look for reviews on sites like:
Note: You should look for positive as well as negative reviews. If you find a negative review, how did the company respond to it? Did they take the time to address the issue and try to rectify the problem if possible? There are unhappy customers everywhere, but a company who takes the time to respond to unhappy customers is likely one that will ensure you are satisfied with your AC installation.
If you aren’t satisfied just looking for reviews online, you can usually ask a company or contractor for recommendations from other homeowners in your area.
When hiring someone to install your new AC system, it’s extremely important that you find someone who is licensed and insured.
Question #2: Are they licensed and insured?
Hiring a licensed & insured company:
- Ensures safety: Installing an AC is not an easy task, and if someone doesn’t know what they’re doing, there could be serious safety issues. When a contractor is licensed, it gives you peace of mind that they have been trained appropriately, and will take all necessary precautions to ensure their safety and the safety of your home.
- Ensures compliance: If you’re having an AC installed, you want to know that it’s being installed correctly. When a contractor has a license, it guarantees that they will obey local codes. This way, if you ever sell your home, you know that your AC system is compliant.
- Takes away liability: If the company or contractor you hire isn’t insured, you as the homeowner could be liable and financially responsible for any damage or physical injury to the tech.
- Maintains your warranty: Many AC manufacturers require that you have your AC system installed by a licensed professional. Warranties can end up saving you quite a bit of money down the road, so this is something to take seriously if you’re considering hiring a contractor that is not licensed or insured.
To find out if a company or contractor is licensed and insured, you can:
- Look on their website- If the contractor or company you are interested in has a website, you may be able to find their license number on the website. You are looking for a 12-digit number that will look something like:
- Check the BBB- All service providers listed on the BBB have a verified license and insurance. You can find reviews here as well.
- Contact them directly- If you can’t find proof of license and insurance online, you can always ask the contractor or company directly for verification. They should be able to easily provide this to you. If they can’t or won’t, this is a red flag, and you should consider looking for a different technician.
Before deciding to partner with an HVAC company, you should ask for an upfront, written estimate.
Question #3: Will they provide an upfront cost estimate?
An upfront estimate protects you from any fees or additional costs that scammy techs may try to add on to your bill during or after your AC installation.
If a technician can’t or won’t provide you with a written estimate, we would suggest finding another tech to install your AC system.
When looking for an AC installer, you want to work with a company that has experience working with different brands and types of systems.
Question #4: What brands & types of AC systems do they install?
AC systems aren’t one-size-fits-all. When choosing an AC system, you want to be able to rely on a technician to recommend (and successfully install) the right AC system for your home.
At Air Experts, we install a variety of different brands, including:*
Regardless of what brand or type of AC system you want installed (central, ductless, heat pump), our team has the experience to do the job right.
*This is not a comprehensive list of the brands we install. You can find the list of the AC systems we install on our AC installation page.