May. 21, 2019
But how do you know what you should expect from an NJ maintenance technician?
For a quality AC maintenance check-up, the two main things you should look for are:
- A quality HVAC Company
- A thorough list of maintenance service items
But first, let’s discuss why you should invest in regular maintenance in the first place.
Ready to invest in your AC’s health? We provide year-round maintenance so that your HVAC equipment is running efficiently and safely all year long. See what’s included in our maintenance plan or...
Sign up for maintenance
Your AC system works hard to cool your home, and investing in regular maintenance keeps your system working efficiently.
Why should you invest in AC maintenance?
1. Helps keep your warranty valid- Most AC manufacturers list annual AC maintenance (by a professional) as one of the stipulations for keeping your warranty valid. If you don’t have your AC maintained annually, you could void your parts warranty.
2. Can prevent costly repairs- During a check-up, a professional will look at the parts of your AC system to ensure they are working correctly. This helps correct small issues or determines the need for minor repairs before they become larger, more expensive problems.
3. Extends system life- The healthier your AC system is, the longer its life will be. If there are multiple worn-out or damaged parts, your AC could break down sooner than if all parts are running efficiently.
4. Decreases cooling costs- The more efficiently your AC is running, the cheaper your cooling costs will be. The best way to keep your AC system efficient is to routinely check that all parts are working correctly and repair them if they aren’t.
Now that we’ve discussed why maintenance is important, let’s look at what you should expect from a quality maintenance visit.
First and foremost, you want to ensure that you are hiring a quality HVAC company to perform maintenance on your AC system. Why?
1) A quality HVAC company
Sometimes, companies or contractors rush through maintenance check-ups, which doesn’t give your AC the care that it needs. This can result in costly breakdowns or repairs later on.
If you hire a quality company, chances are, they will do a quality job.
Okay, but how do I find a quality HVAC company?
You should look for:
- A list of what’s included in their maintenance check-ups. We’ll discuss what should be included in a maintenance check-up, below.
According to Energy Star, during a quality maintenance check-up, a tech should:
2) List of maintenance service items
- Check thermostat settings
- Tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate moving parts
- Check the condensate drain
- Check system controls
- Clean condenser AC coils
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check and adjust blower components
- Check evaporator coil
As we mentioned above, you don’t want to invest in a check-up that isn’t going to be done correctly. Not only does this waste your money now, but it could also cause serious problems later, resulting in costly repairs or replacements.
At Air Experts, we want to ensure that your system is well taken care of, all year long. That’s why during our cooling check-ups,* our HVAC techs will:
Ready to schedule maintenance for your AC system? Hire our NJ pros
- Inspect accessible ducts for obvious air leaks
- Inspect blower wheel
- Inspect blower motor and record amp draw (lubricate as needed)
- Check and calibrate thermostat as required
- Inspect fan blade for cracks or defects
- Check condenser motor bearings, lubricate non-sealed condenser motor bearings
- Inspect indoor coil if accessible
- Inspect any condensate drain pans for proper operation
- Check and record operating pressures and temperatures
- Inspect and clean outdoor unit* (*does not include use of detergent)
- Check refrigerant level (when outside temp >60 degrees)
- Inspect cooling system for unusual vibration or loose parts
- Inspect condensate lines and check condensate pump operation (if equipped)
- Check evaporator for adequate airflow
Sign up for maintenance today!